Hexion's EPI-REZ™ Epoxy Waterborne Resins and EPIKURE™ Curing Agents for waterborne systems are a unique portfolio of products that are compatible with each other, and allow the formulator to develop waterborne formulations that in many instances are capable substitutes to formulations containing a high portion of Volatile Organic Compounds.
These combinations can generally be diluted to a desired solids level simply with water addition. Due to their high degree of compatibility with many components, EPI-REZ Waterborne Resins and/or EPIKURE Curing Agents can also be formulated with wetting agents, additives, cosolvents and coupling agents to obtain formulations for fast dry as well as high after cure corrosion resistance and superior adhesion to various substrates.
See the "Technical Data Sheets" section for information on individual products.
New Starting Formulations!
Waterborne Gloss White Enamel with <100 g/L VOC
Waterborne White Corrosion-resistant Primer with <100 g/L VOC
View more starting formulations...
EPI-REZ Waterborne Resins and EPIKURE Curing Agents can be used in most traditional applications such as in flooring, adhesives, anticorrosive primers and textile binders to reduce or eliminate Volatile Organic Compounds without sacrificing performance. EPI-REZ Waterborne Resins are also used to coat engineering fibers in order to provide superior matrix adhesion in high performing fiber reinforced composite applications.
Some of the industries and applications are:
- Coatings: metal primers for protective and transportation applications
- Civil engineering: floor primers, sealers, top coats and self-leveling coatings; grouts and sealants
- Fiber sizing: glass, synthetic and carbon fibers
- Adhesives: tie-coats, primers and laminates
- Textiles: saturants, binders and back coatings
- Non-wovens: saturants, binders and coatings
- Electrical: insulating materials
See the "Applications & Formulations" section for Starting Formulations and additional information.
Because of their ease in handling, waterborne epoxies can now be used in many nontraditional applications where solvent-borne and highly viscous epoxy resins could not be used. EPI-REZ waterborne resins can also be combined with other waterborne polymers, such as polyurethanes, various latex polymers and phenolic resins, such that unique performance properties can be obtained.
- EPI-REZ and EPIKURE products are available in drum quantities through our extensive distributor network.