Hexion's epoxy functional product line of HELOXY™ modifiers offers formulators the ability to choose between monofunctional and polyfunctional glycidyl ethers, and flexibilizers for their formulating needs. HELOXY modifiers offer:
- Improved cured system flexibility
- Increased peel and impact strength
- Increased levels of filler loading
- Improved resin wetting action
- Reduced viscosity and surface tension
HELOXY modifiers are epoxy functionalized alcohols, diols, polyols and acids. Hexion offers three classes of HELOXY Modifiers: monofunctional glycidyl ethers, polyfunctional glycidyl ethers and polyfunctional flexibilizers.
See the "Technical Data Sheets" section for information on individual products.
The monofunctional HELOXY products include both aliphatics and aromatics and are primarily utilized as diluents for a variety of epoxy resins.
The polyfunctional HELOXY products are aliphatics that provide an increase in the chemical resistance and mechanical performance of the system. The cycloaliphatic modifier offers improved UV resistance when compared to aromatic modifiers, and our trifunctional modifier increases the crosslink density of a system.
The HELOXY modifier products that are flexibilizers can improve wetting performance, offer good color properties for outdoor applications, and can increase the impact strength and toughness of a system.
Areas of application for HELOXY modifiers include coatings, civil engineering, adhesives, FRP applications, potting and molding.
See the "Applications & Formulations" section for Starting Formulations and additional information.
- HELOXY products are available in drum quantities through our extensive distributor network.
- Larger quantities are available directly from Hexion by contacting a Customer Service representative.