EPON™ Epoxy Polyacrylate Resins contain epoxy and polyacrylate reactive groups. While standard epoxy resins have difficulty reacting fully at temperatures below 50°F, these modified resins react readily at low temperatures and very rapidly at ambient temperatures. Hexion’s epoxy polyacrylate resins are typically combined with EPIKURE aliphatic and cycloaliphatic amine curing agents.
Several features make Hexion’s epoxy polyacrylate resins of particular interest:
See the "Technical Data Sheets" section for information on individual products.
- Low to moderate viscosities
- High reactivity at ambient and low temperatures
- Reactivity relatively independent of mass
- Superior wetting characteristics leading to improved adhesive properties
- Good physical strength and toughness
- Enhanced amine blush resistance
For an overview of epoxy resins and curing agents recommended for rapid cure formulations in structural applications, refer to the "General Literature" section.
EPON Epoxy Polyacrylates find use in applications such as traffic stripping, adhesive patch kits, concrete patching compounds and adhesive grouts. Thin film applications include pressure injection repair, wear-resistant surfacers, clear sealers, high solids coatings, low temperature cure formulations and improved blush-resistant coatings.
See the "Applications & Formulations" section for Starting Formulations and additional information.
- Hexion's epoxy resin products are available in drum quantities through our extensive distributor network.
- Larger quantities are available directly from Hexion by contacting a Customer Service representative.